- In This Section
- Porcelain Veneers
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Personalized Smile Design
- Dental Bonding
Chips, cracks, and discoloration can make an otherwise attractive smile seem unhealthy. Patients who wish to address these aesthetic concerns can take advantage of dental bonding at All American Smile Dental Studios, serving Manhattan and Brooklyn. This cosmetic dental treatment involves the application of a tooth-colored composite resin that can conceal flaws and alter the size, shape, and color of teeth.
Dr. Maurice Benjamin is a trusted cosmetic dentist with over 30 years of experience. He and our entire team strive to create a comfortable, tranquil environment where patients can truly feel at home.
Bonding is an effective way to address chipped teeth.
About Dental Bonding
Dental bonding can be used to address a wide range of cosmetic dental concerns. This treatment may be recommended if you have:
- Chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Short, small, or misshapen teeth
- Exposed teeth roots
In addition to correcting aesthetic flaws, dental bonding is also used in restorative dentistry. For example, composite resin can be used to create fillings. In fact, some patients replace their silver amalgam fillings with tooth-colored composite.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Many patients choose dental bonding because it:
- Is an easily affordable cosmetic treatment
- Can provide an affordable means of deciding if you would eventually like to receive porcelain veneers
- Is minimally invasive, and can be reversed if desired
- Can provide natural-looking results
- Lasts about five to 10 years on average
Are chips, gaps, or other cosmetic imperfections keeping you from smiling with confidence? If so, dental bonding could be the solution for you.
What to Expect during Treatment
The dental bonding process can be completed in just one appointment. General steps include:
- Preparation: To begin the procedure, Dr. Benjamin will select a shade of composite resin that matches the color of your teeth. Next, he will slightly roughen the surface of the teeth you wish to treat using a mildly acidic solution. This will help the bonding material attach to the teeth.
- Application of composite resin: Once the teeth are prepared, Dr. Benjamin will apply the composite resin. This putty-like material will then be shaped and molded to achieve the desired effect. A curing light will be used to solidify the material.
- Final adjustments: Dr. Benjamin will remove any excess bonding material. Finally, the teeth will be polished to a natural-looking shine.
You can prolong the life of your bonding treatment by avoiding using the treated teeth to chew hard or sticky foods, and never using your teeth to open packages or chew your nails. You should also brush twice and floss at least once daily, and be sure to undergo checkups with your dentist at least every six months.
Learn More about Dental Bonding
Are chips, gaps, or other cosmetic imperfections keeping you from smiling with confidence? If so, dental bonding could be the solution for you. We can design a personalized treatment plan to meet your goals. To learn more about this procedure, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Benjamin, contact us online anytime or call our office at (212) 252-8893.